Monday, June 29, 2009

Altars

I love altars! I love creating them, much the same way I love creating a bulletin board in my classroom. The process is both fun and sacred. The more I think about it, the more I believe those two words are synonymous.

Here is my altar during various Sabbats:



Litha


Yule


Samhain


Ostara



My everyday altar consists of black, green, and white altar cloths overlaying each other so each color can be seen. It is my altar to the goddesses Persephone, Demeter, and Hecate - my trinity.
I have a print of Persephone hanging above the altar. Also present are statues of an earth goddess, honoring Demeter, as well as one in the image of Hecate. White, black, green, and red candles light the darkness. I keep my chalice, cauldron, pentacle, wand, and an assortment of stones and crystals on the altar, or very nearby. Often, there is an offering bowl on the altar, containing apples or pomegranates - gifts for the goddesses who guide and protect me.



Goddess is alive...Magick is afoot!

2 comments:

  1. Ravenstar, greetings from Cameron! I saw you reply to my Farrah post and backtracked! I love your altars! I love doing them too and when I set one up, I pour all my artistic little heart into them. So I get it! Your Samahain altar in particular is just gorgeous! Like us, you are at the begining of your blog, and it's a way to chronicle your journey, to think, to share, to process, to exist. And its a way to take all the events of your life dark and bright and see how they weave together into one magnificent whole! If I may, I will follow your journey here and hope you will share mine - like me you have chosen "the road less traveled...and that makes all the difference" Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Meet, Ravenstar.

    Wonderful people meet in wonderful places! Cameron, you, and I could be a dangerous trio! LOL I love your altars, too. Moreover, Sister Witch, we are thinking alike!!!

    Forgive me, in my exhausted fogged brain, if I just made a connection that I have to share. Daughter of Demeter...Persephone above the altar...My HP Luna used the ritual drama of Innanna for my first degree...the same path of descent and self knowledge Cameron continues to explore in her own writing this week.

    And I am honored to be sharing your journey. Know that Cameron and I are here, in this intimate little corner of cyberspace, as you travel the journey of authenticity.

    Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete