Sunday, June 7, 2009

Beginnings




I am so excited to have a blog dedicated to my spiritual journey! I have a mundane blog, but I'm not comfortable expressing too much about my belief system there. People I work with read it. I'm a teacher in a small, rather conservative town, and, unfortunately, I presently feel the need to remain anonymous. I intend to change that, little by little.

I moved to this town a little less than a year ago. There are Pagans here. There is a metaphysical store downtown. The owner has a small back room where the Wicca merchandise is kept. It is a lovely little room...beautifully decorated. It's just too bad it needs to be made less obvious.

It is my aspiration and ambition, to begin to dispel the misinterpretations of the old ways. I would like to give classes regarding the only form of spirituality that has ever made sense to me. As a teacher, I work with many teenage girls who could benefit from learning about goddess archetypes and how they can be made relevant in one's life today. The girls I'm seeing need a sense of the sacred feminine. They need to learn how to be strong, independent women, connected to the source of us all. What's so weird about that?


(Image - Nene Thomas - She allows personal usage of her artwork - Title: Wisdom)

1 comment:

  1. We have something in common. Rather than sharing in a classroom, it will be a therapy room. And regardless of my client's spiritual path, I believe my calling to Wicca will inform my therapeutic space and make it sacred. So shall your classroom also become sacred space, whether or not anyone realizes it but you.

    ReplyDelete